Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

my iron water filter has plenty of water and pressure going…

Customer Question
my iron water filter has...
my iron water filter has plenty of water and pressure going into the unit,but almost no pressure or flow coming out even after a regeneration cycle. water pressure switch is set at 30/50psi and working properly. all pre-filters are clean. it has a chem -feeder pump before the pressure tank to raise ph and dilute sulpher odor from the well water . the guy from the water filter company said to just add more bleach to the feeder pump and run the water to break up whatever is in the tank. after 4 or 5 hours of running and a half gallon of bleach this has accomplished nothing but slower flow
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/23/2010
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 8 years ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Hi

It sounds like the media in the filter is clogged or perhaps there is a problem with the motorized valve. Either problem would require a visit from your water treatment company. I don't see how bleach would unclog your unit.