Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

installing a spa bathtub in a old bathroom. would like to…

Customer Question
installing a spa bathtub in...
installing a spa bathtub in a old bathroom. would like to install it about three feet
from the priveous hookup. It is on a slab. Is it possible to run the drain lines and the
hot and cold lines on top of the slab to the new tub?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/21/2010
Plumber: Pitsch Plumbing, State Certified Plumbing Contractor replied 8 years ago
Pitsch Plumbing
Pitsch Plumbing, State Certified Plumbing Contractor
No it not. You will have to open the floor and move the trap along with the fixture. The trap needs to be as close to the fixture as possible and cant have more than a 24" vertical distance. Thats code, But i also believe that if you try and install it the way you want to that when you drain the tub it will siphon the trap and you'll end up having odor issues too.