Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We just purchased a house. It has an older American Standard…

Customer Question
We just purchased a house...
We just purchased a house. It has an "older" American Standard UltraSoft water softener in it. We did not get any manuals with the house, and I have tried to search for this one with no luck finding it. Please help.

I need to know how to restart this thing. I added six 40# XXXXX of salt and made sure the time is correct. But not sure where to to put the indicator so it will work.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/21/2010
Plumber: Plumbing Pro, Plumber replied 8 years ago
Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber
the best to find this information is by contacting the manufacture , they will have this information available for you and will walk you threw it over the phone, remember the system will only recharge when it calls for it like the time you set, most times people have it set to recharge late at night when no one is awake and no one is using the water. might not happen every day , but maybe every other day or once a week,this is based on how hard the water is and how water is used.
Wow, thats saying a whole lot without telling me anything.
Plumber: Todd, Plumber replied 8 years ago
Todd
Todd, Plumber
Can you post a picture on here, so I can see what timer and head you have?

Edited by Todd on 6/22/2010 at 12:20 AM EST