Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Weil-McLain gas fired water boiler - not heating water. Pushing…

Customer Question
Weil-McLain gas fired water boiler...
Weil-McLain gas fired water boiler - not heating water. Pushing Reset button does not change anything. Status indicator is "0 - Standby, no call for heat". What to do now??
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/19/2010
Plumber: Plumbing Pro, Plumber replied 8 years ago
Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro, Plumber
well this could be just a simple thermostat that has gone bad and now its not telling the boiler to turn on. It could be more but the cheapest thing and easiest things you check first. You can go to your thermostat on the wall and disconnect it and tie the wires together to see if it kicks on the boiler, if it does then its a bad thermostat and you can find these at any local hardware store for little money and install it your self.