Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I want to increase my water pressure ( well water and Master…

Customer Question
I want to increase my...
I want to increase my water pressure ( well water and Master Brand water softener) so I wanted to purchase a booster pump on my existing GE "Jacuzzi Pump" model# XXXXX 362BX/ RPM 3450/ HP 3/4/ CY60. Any recommendations of what brand to look into purchasing that would work for this model?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/17/2010
Plumber: Rightway Plumbing, Plumber replied 8 years ago
Rightway Plumbing

There might be a more simple soultion to your problem. What is your pressure switch set at. When you arn't using any water, and the pump stops what does the pressure gauge say? If it says 40 psi, you can change your pressure switch to make it stop at 60psi or even 80psi.( the limit of most codes). http://inspectapedia.com/water/WaterPumpAdjust.htm

Also, if you have old galvanized piping this may be the cause of your low pressure. No booster system or increase of pressure at the tank will fix this. The best fix for this is to replace the old galvanized piping with new water piping. If resetting the pressure switch doesn't help, you could also get a bigger pressure tank.

Booster systems are expensive, they arn't necessary for residential applications and can create a maintence headache. Try these options and, if you still want to look into booster systems, I will be happy to assist you further.