Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

garbage disposal is leaking from the bottom

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/17/2010
Plumber: Plumber Matthew, Plumber replied 8 years ago
Plumber Matthew
Please see answer to duplicate question. Thanks!
can i use the old bracket with a new disposal. suggestions on new disposal?
Most disposals do have a universal connection to the sink. It should look like this:

http://0.tqn.com/d/homerepair/1/5/m/0/-/-/sink_flange_noted.jpg

As far as replacement, I don't have any complaints with any of the different brands I have installed as far as longevity. However if noise is an issue I do highly recommend the InSinkErator Evolution. They are a little expensive but they are powerful, relatively quiet and last a long time.

Here is a link: http://www.epinions.com/content_405872217732

Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks!