Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Need some advice to challenge my brother-in-law(BIL)/stroke…

Customer Question
Need some advice to challenge...
Need some advice to challenge my brother-in-law(BIL)/stroke would be plumber know-it-all. He has installed a power shower and the shower tray fills with water within minutes. I noted that BIL connected the new shower waste to the old shower waste using a flex-hose i.e. he did not reposition the waste. Does this make a difference? Could this be the reason why the water is not flowing away or is it irrelevant?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Plumbing
6/10/2010
Plumber: SF Plumber, Plumbing Contractor replied 8 years ago
SF Plumber
SF Plumber, Plumbing Contractor
Installing a waste line with a flexible hose is not the "greatest" installation but it should not make a difference unless the hose was kinked or ran up above the base of the shower before tying into the old waste.
It sounds like you may just need to snake out the drain for it to start working properly.

Edited by SF Plumber on 6/10/2010 at 3:00 PM EST
The expert stated the obvious. I have already tried those as they are obvious and so I am not willing topay for the advice.
No offense I know this is somewhat obvious but I answered your question exactly, do you want to anything else about this?