Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

a cross sectional area of a circular duct is 226.865 square

inches. what would be the...
a cross sectional area of a circular duct is 226.865 square inches. what would be the diameter of the duct?
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/9/2010
Pitsch Plumbing
Pitsch Plumbing, State Certified Plumbing Contractor

I googled this. Couldn't find my Mathmatice for plumbers and pipefitters book LOL

Set: The diameter is x
then 3.14*x2=226.865
x=2.925

http://www.answerspice.com/c173/1977798/crosssectional-area-of-a-circular-duct-is-226865-square-inches-what-is-the-diameter-of-the-duct

best i can do. ill opt out if you like

Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, Plumber
Cant give you the answer but pi*R sq =3.142*Radius.squared gives square area with a given radius, so work it back, do it in mm the convert to inches so much easier, Rick

Edited by Rick Ridley on 6/9/2010 at 10:25 PM EST
Plumber Matthew
Hello and thank you for your question.

The diameter of the circular duct is 17".

I hope this information is useful. If I can be of further assistance on this topic please let me know. Thanks!
Plumber Matthew
Hi you must understand that these questions you are getting, they are from some text book crank who has not seen a fitting in his life, I am 62 and been in the trade all my life and these questions are for text book quacks, not hands on fitters, there or two types of guys out there, them that can do the job, and them that can write/talk about it, them that can write about it sometimes seem to earn more money than them that do it, this is changing, become one of those who do the job, Rick
Plumber Matthew
Plumber Matthew
Plumber Matthew, Plumber