How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rightway Plumbing Your Own Question
Rightway Plumbing
Rightway Plumbing, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 228
Experience:  Journeyman Plumber, Owner Right Way Plumbing LLC. 7+ years exp.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Rightway Plumbing is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi -- I have a pull-up shower diverter knob on an old faucet

This answer was rated:

Hi -- I have a pull-up shower diverter knob on an old faucet fixture that is stuck -- it won't pull up at all. Is there anything I can try to loosen it before I bite the bullet and call someone to come ini and fix it?
WD-40 could work to loosen it. Also check to see of the gate inside the spout isn't moving. If it isn't you might be able to use a screwdriver to pry that up while pulling up on the knob. Tub spout diverters have a limited life and come in two kinds. Threaded and compression over copper. You can get new ones at your local home improvement store and they aren't too hard to change.
Rightway Plumbing and other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you