How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rightway Plumbing Your Own Question
Rightway Plumbing
Rightway Plumbing, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 228
Experience:  Journeyman Plumber, Owner Right Way Plumbing LLC. 7+ years exp.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Rightway Plumbing is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Kitchen faucet that is a Price Pfister 26 series Marielle.

This answer was rated:

I have a Kitchen faucet that is a Price Pfister 26 series Marielle. The side sprayer developed a leak. I bought a new sprayer and hose, but can't figure out how to disconnect the hose from the diverter so I can install the new hose.


The female end of the plastic connector(the end with the long part of the hose on it, has a collar on it on the very end that pushes back towards the female connector. It works like a Chinese finger trap, the harder you try and pull it apart the tighter it gets.


To relieve the tension of the clip push the two ends together then push that collar towards the female end. That should release it and it will come right off. That is the installation instructions of the faucet originally. Step 12 helps to illustrate this.

Rightway Plumbing and other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I see the collar. I tried to push the male end towards the collar, but I can't get it to move.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The diverter I have is a T shaped piece with the gray collar on two ends with one attached to the tube that goes into the spout and the other attaches to the male end of the side sprayer hose, which is the one I need to remove. There is a tube in the middle which is a male end that attaches to the same knd of connector which is a female end with the same collar which is attached to the water supply hose that comes from the valve on the handle where you turn on the water. My problem is that the side sprayer has developed a small hole in the seam on the side and sprays and drips a small stream of water making everything wet under neath the sink.



The collar is on the female end. You have to push the collar back into the female end. Its usually stiff but it does go back in. You have to keep in pushed all the way back into the female end and then pull it apart while you have the collar pushed in.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.



I know exactly what the problem is, let me try to use the user instruction manual to try and make this clearer. It's really hard to try and convey something over the internet, but I will give it another shot.


Look at picture # XXXXX now you want to take the fitting numbered 14A the piece on the very left of that connector is the collar I am talking about. That needs to be pushed towards the right(the same way it would have to be removed)


If you look really closely at piece 14A on the drawing the piece on the very left and the rest of the connector are slightly separated. That space needs to be taken up and the fitting on the left needs to be pushed as far right as it goes. Looking at the picture where 14A goes into 14B you would have to push that entire fitting in the direction the picture indicates and push that collar the piece that would be closest to 14B in the opposite direction.


When you have the collar piece pushed in as far as it can go, while moving the rest of the connector the direction indicated in the drawing, while still holding the collar in place you should be able to remove the hose.


I hope this helps, If not I will be happy to Opt out, and let another expert try and explain it better. As I stated previously it is really hard to explain certain things over the internet and I appreciate your patience.