Plumber to the Resue
Plumber to the Resue, Plumber
Experience:  12 Years Experience working in field. Cerifications in Valve repair, Instruments and Controls,
26677104

why is my hot water in my bathtub not getting hot when the

why is my hot water in my bathtub not getting hot when the water in the sink gets hot and they both are only 3 feet away. at best the water in the bathtub and shower is luke warm and the water in my other bathroom does get hot. both bathrooms has delta fixtures on them.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Plumber to the Resue replied 7 years ago.

Does the fixture in your shower/bathtub have a separate handle for the hot and cold water or just one combined handle?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it's a single knob

Most new shower/bath fixtures have mixing valves built into them. They mix cold water with hot water. This is a safety feature so that you don't burn yourself by mistake. You could turn up the tempture of your water heater to compensate or try to replace the fixture with one that doesn't have a mixing valve. It may be hard to find this especially with a shower feature.