So this is the gist of it:
1. Isolate the washing machine by taking it out of the loop. If not cause go to 2
2 . Isolate the fixtures one at a time .
The purpose of clearing out the hot form the cold line is to see if the hot water propagates through the cold side of the remaining "online" fixtures - correct? In this manner we can deteremine that the valve taken offline is "crossfeeding" ?
If I work my way though all of them then that would leave the recirculation pump - right ?
Is there and easy way to take that out of the loop ? Does the pump motor always run ? Could I check that it is running using my stethoscope ?
If I need to replace the recirc pump i would:
1. Shut off all water
2. drain the hot water tank ?
3. cut out the pump - hacksaw
4. replace pump with new and reconnect using the new copper pipe - no solder connection - it isn't soldered in anyway.
5. Turn on the water and check for leaks
6. Is the air in the system vented out at the faucets ?
Why is the water pipe
hammering with increased flow ? Is there a way to fix it without going back to a low flow rate shower head.