Rick Mather
Rick Mather, Building Inspector
Experience:  Assistant Building Official, HVAC Tech
12095340

i have a 4 bedroom 3 bath house,the water pressure in my house

Customer Question

i have a 4 bedroom 3 bath house,the water pressure in my house used to be very high so I had a pressure regulator installed next to the main supply line from the city,so now the pressure in my house is 55.The problem is that in my master bath the water pressure in the shower head is very low even with a performance shower head,while the pressure in the shower heads in the other baths are fine! any suggestion? thanks ! Sue
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick Mather replied 8 years ago.
You should be able to boost the pressure with a simple adjustment on the pressure regulator. On top of regulator there should be adjustment screw with lock nut turn the screw clockwise too raise then relock the locking nut
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not satisfied with this answer as I did try this but it did not help,the question is why the water pressure in my other 2 showers are fine.I am NOT satisfied with this answer, Sue
Well i'm sorry you did not state that you raised the pressure from when you had the regulator installed. But did you have the supply to that facet checked for debris since thats the only facet that seems to given you a problem there could be solder or other debris blocking that facet
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes,I had all that checked,even the plumbing line was checked.Thanks!
Other than does that valve have min. requirements that are not being met I think you covered everything. Unless you try raising the pressure up by five pounds to see if it helps just to see if that what your bathroom facet needs more pressure or volume? Either way you might have to repipe that facet.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am sorry but none of you answers have solved my problem,so I am closing this case.I cannot pay you any money for this,
Ok then request the qusetion closed
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am requesting the question to be closed as it did not solve my problem.Kindly refund the $15 deposit back to my credit card, Thanks
That is just answer that does that not me. so your money is with just answer not me. DO NOT HIT ACCEPT OR YOU WILL NEVER GET IT BACK