How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask 30yearPlumber Your Own Question
30yearPlumber, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 235
Experience:  2nd generation, Master Plumber, Plumbing inspector, Code official
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
30yearPlumber is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a gerber single handle shower (49-700) and I need to

This answer was rated:

I have a gerber single handle shower (49-700) and I need to replace the cartridge. I have removed the handle and cover but can't get the cartridge out. A polished cover protects the cartridge.
Oscar, there should be a flat spot on the end of the chrome sleeve for a spanner wrench, or a really big open end. The chrome sleeve screws off counter clockwise. Then when the cartridge is exposed you just grab the end where the handle fits on and pull it. it should come right out, there are only orings on the end that are holding it at that point. Good Luck. Plumbertom
30yearPlumber and other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you