Plumbing

We just purchased a Jameco 1.6 L toilet because we were told…

Customer Question
We just purchased a Jameco...
We just purchased a Jameco 1.6 L toilet because we were told our other toilet was broke, well now this new one is doing the same thing, its not flushing completly, sometimes not at all. HELP PLEASE ???????... Read full answer
We just purchased a Jameco 1.6 L toilet because we were told our other toilet was broke, well now this new one is doing the same thing, its not flushing completly, sometimes not at all. HELP PLEASE ???????
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Plumbing
9/6/2008
Plumber: 30yearPlumber, Plumber replied 10 years ago
30yearPlumber
30yearPlumber, Plumber
A toilet not flushing completely can be caused by a few problems. The fact that you have replaced the toilet and are still having the problem suggests that it is a piping issue. It's either a clogged waste line, in which you have to clean it out with a snake or have it jetted. The only other thing it may be is a venting problem. If it worked for years and all the sudden stopped working it may be a blocked vent line. Vent lines can go separately through the roof, or they may tie into another vent. If it's seperate through the roof you may be able to snake it from the roof down to clear any obstructions. Hope this helps. Plumber Tom. Please hit accept if this helped you. Thanks
Can we pour some bleach or have the water pressure from a hose or a pressure washer unclog the vent line, as it would have to be an awful long snake to be able to snake it,,how could we find out if its a clogged waste line ,What is easiest first to do ????, is there an easy way to do that,,, your really helping us alot,,, thanks
I would disconnect and remove the toilet. Pour a full bucket of water down the drain and see if it backs up. If there is no problem with the drain then it's a vent issue or the possibility that you have a bad toilet. I know the bad toilet idea may be a long shot but I've seen it happen. Bleach will not work to unclog a vent line. I hope this helps. Good luck, Plumber Tom
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have an area under my slab that has 0 grade and waste
Hi Marc. I have an area under my slab that has 0 grade and waste material does not clear the house with one flush. I live alone so not much water running. Paper and such will sit in the pipe, dry and … read more
Rick
Rick
Supervisor,
All toilets in my house flush very weakly. i noticed the
all toilets in my house flush very weakly. i noticed the water does not swirl circularly, it just goes straight down. and often the stuff doesnt get fluxhed out. … read more
Rick
Rick
Supervisor,
I have an american standard toilet I 'm having issues with
I have an american standard toilet I 'm having issues with flushing sometimes it just swirls water around and sometimes it will double flush … read more
Rick
Rick
Supervisor,
Stop searching for answers—
Re Persuade toilet, sometimes one flush is not sufficient
Re Persuade toilet, sometimes one flush is not sufficient for just liquid and appropriate toilet paper, was it installed improperly or plumbing pipes too small?, also can water level be made higher? T… read more
Phil
Phil
Mechanical Engineer.,
Degree, Mech Engr Technology
, I have three old (25 yrs) Kohler low-boy 1 piece toilets
, I have three old (25 yrs) Kohler low-boy 1 piece toilets which have all developed internal leaks making them run fairly often. Have tried in past to replace flap or innards with home depot parts but… read more
Rick
Rick
Supervisor,
- another plumbing question. We are trying to replace the
Hi- another plumbing question. We are trying to replace the back toilet tank on our toilet. Its American Standard 1.6 gpf 6.0 lpf either 4021.101.N.021 or 4021.128.021 Its discontinued and will take a… read more
Rick
Rick
Supervisor,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Just hoping for a personal opinion based on experience. How
Just hoping for a personal opinion based on experience. How often to commercial toilets and urinals get replaced, and when they do get replaced, what gpf level of fixtures do people tend to go with no… read more
Theplumber717
Theplumber717
Plumber, Hvac Tech,
Hi, I have a Glacier Bay flapperless toilet. I would like to
Hi, I have a Glacier Bay flapperless toilet. I would like to remove the inner workings I.E Trough etc, and replace with normal /conventional parts? If this is possible, can you explain what steps to t… read more
Plumber,
i have an older home, with a 4" cast iron sewer line running
i have an older home, with a 4" cast iron sewer line running about 70' out to the City main. if i change to low-flow toilets, will i have trouble?… read more
Plmqwk
Plmqwk
Master Plumber/ Commercial Inspector,
I just replaced my downstairs toilet, and when I flush its
I just replaced my downstairs toilet, and when I flush it's rather lackluster, not sure it even completely flushes. It's low water use toilet (american standard champion 4, 1.28 gallons flush). When I… read more
Hauserplb
Hauserplb
my toilet (kohler 1.6 gallon) seems to have a slow clog if
my toilet (kohler 1.6 gallon) seems to have a slow clog if that makes sense. it has been snaked by 8ft tool but even keeping it a number 1 only toilet, sometimes the toilet paper clogs it too. i was t… read more
Rick
Rick
Supervisor,
My toilet does not flush with any strength. It is a two piece
My toilet does not flush with any strength. It is a two piece elongated bowl that flushs 1.6 gals per flush. It was installed in 2003. I believe the model is either K-4619-AB or K-4819-AB. While tryin… read more
Building Supervisor,
Stop searching for answers—
I have one of 120 unit condos rebuilt in 1996 after the 94
I have one of 120 unit condos rebuilt in 1996 after the 94 earth quake. All units have and are experiencing extreme clogging , with the least amount of paper etc. Could this batch of Kohler 1.6 gal to… read more
Theplumber717
Theplumber717
Plumber, Hvac Tech,
A newly installed by XXXXX XXXXX Plumbing ,Flint, MI. American
A newly installed by XXXXX XXXXX Plumbing ,Flint, MI.: American Standard 1.6 gpf wall hung toilet doesn't flush clean. Feces & paper require 2, somtimes 3 flushes to clear the bowl. Urine & paper ofte… read more
Plumbing Pro
Plumbing Pro
Licensed Plumbing Contarctor,
toilet does not flush solids down. drain not pluged, all holes
toilet does not flush solids down. drain not pluged, all holes around ring are open, has good presure… read more
Plmqwk
Plmqwk
Master Plumber/ Commercial Inspector,
Help, Im stumped, I installed a new A.S. Tiolet 1.6, When
Help, I'm stumped, I installed a new A.S. Tiolet 1.6, When flushed the bowl and tank fill to proper levels and shut off. Problem is the water in bowl slowly drops to about 2 inchs remaining at bottom … read more
Bill
Bill
Plumbing Supperviser,
The city i live in installed Mansfield low flo toilets for
The city i live in installed Mansfield low flo toilets for free as an incenteive to save water. Hell im lucky if spit will flush away. I was told that I need to hold the handle down the whole time thi… read more
Rightway Plumbing
Rightway Plumbing
Owner,
when i flush the toilet it seems to just go round and round
when i flush the toilet it seems to just go round and round in the bowl forever sometimes completly flushing ,but most of the time leaving a little paper. I have tried plunging, snaking with hand snak… read more
Bud
Bud
Plumber,