Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

Hi my water pump keeps going on and off. I already had ...

Customer Question
Hi my water pump keeps...
Hi my water pump keeps going on and off. I already had someone tell me a solution from JUST ANSWER but it doesnt work. Now i was told that the check valve between the pump and the pressure vessle has gone bad or i have a leak in the system. Theres no leaks also said outting a check valve in the line would help. So where the line comes out of the pump to the pressure tank i installed a check valve. Now its content off and on the pump. I also notice on my pump the line that goes form the outlet of the pump to the pressure tank goes to a tee. which connects to the water line to the house on the straight line of the tee and the middle inlet of the tee goes to the pressure tank. If i had a email address i would show you what i have.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Plumbing
5/18/2008
Plumber: Glenn, Maintenance Mechanic replied 9 years ago
Glenn
Glenn, Maintenance Mechanic

Hello

Install the check valve on the suction side of the pump

This is the line that goes down too the well

Reply to Glenn's Post: Hi
I have to lines in to the pump 1 1/4" almost ctn and a 1" line which is under the 1 1/4. which one

Helllo

the 1 " line

Glenn
Glenn
Glenn, Maintenance Mechanic