Plastic Surgery

Plastic surgery questions? Ask a plastic surgeon.

Ask a Doctor,

My face is beginning to sag especially around the jowls and…

Customer Question
My face is beginning to...
My face is beginning to sag especially around the jowls and under the chin/neck. I don't need a face lift but need something non invasive or minimally invasive to lift what is beginning to fall. What procedures, that are as safe as possible, are available that would fit this criteria.
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Plastic Surgery
5/28/2018
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Nina Lim, Doctor (MD) replied 22 days ago
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Doctor (MD)

Hello, my names is Dr. Nina Lim and I would like to assist with your health concern.

Can you tell me your age/ gender?
Any medical conditions that you have?
Are you taking any medications?

Thanks.

Please disregard any phone call requests as these are automatically generated by the website and did not come from me, thanks.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I am a 69 year old female. I have no medical conditions that I am aware of. I take Synthroid. Over the years I have had botox and fat transfer to my face. Once I had my eyelids done and I look at least 10 years younger than I am as I eat organic, take supplements and work out.

It sounds like you are in wonderful health, congratulations for achieving that.

Some plastic surgeons are using the treatement Ulthera for facial tightening.

Here is an article about Ulthera

https://www.today.com/style/does-ultherapy-turn-back-time-review-cost-non-surgical-mini-t73356

And here's another one...

https://www.zwivel.com/blog/should-you-be-afraid-of-ultherapy/

Another option is Sculptra which is the longest lasting facial injectable treatment.

https://aboutfaceskincare.com/blog/12-things-i-wish-i-knew-before-sculptra/

I am available for any follow up questions that you may have. Thanks and the best of luck!

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Does Ulthera tighten muscles or just skin and how long does it last? Please advise how Sculptra which is an injectable tighten muscles and skin and uplifts the face. I have heard about an endoscopic face lift that is not supposed to be as invasive as a regular one. Can you advise on that. I would like a professional opinion of which one of the options out there would be best to do as I don't want to have to keep doing procedures.

I am sorry but these questions are better addressed by a plastic surgeon so I will opt out for now to allow other experts to weigh in on your question. Again, I wish you the best of luck and stay well!