Plastic Surgery

Plastic surgery questions? Ask a plastic surgeon.

Ask a Doctor,

Is kybella suitable for me? I have had chin implant, some…

Customer Question
Is kybella suitable for...

Is kybella suitable for me ?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What procedures have you had or considered?

I have had chin implant , some Lipo under chin (both 7 yrs ago ) and a few months ago filler (Idk which) to improve jaw line. But my profile still looks weak. I don't have a double chin person and am thin to average body weight but my chin and neck just always have looked weak / meet poorly I'm at 32 yrs old btw.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

No. Its not a medical/health problem. I'm not concerned in that way. Simply cosmetic but I have a job which is based largely on looks so to me is important for my career. I swear I'm not super vain lol !

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else in your medical history you would like the Plastic Surgeon to know?

I have profile pic. New to this site. Is this site for cosmetic surgery questions too ?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Plastic Surgery
I think I actually have two issues regarding my profile... Would my neck area and week jawline be improved by kybella (its not really a double chin or lax skin and has looked this way even as kid so I doubt is age related sagging... Yet). Its like my neck was just put on too low and at slipping angle instead of a more horizontal line.Also the strange projection of my chin out and the way it meets my lower lip in a funny way even after chin implant makes me wonder if I would have had better results with sliding genioplasty to create a bit more vertical length ( my surgeon didn't mention genioplasty and doesn't perform that procedure which makes me feel a better option may have not been mentioned). I was not aware it existed until years later. Or could my weak profile be due to need for a bite correction from a dental professional. I have straight tteeth although never had braces but was told by dentist that I have a crossbite (bottom jaw wider than top). I suspect I may have slight overbite as well although I don't recall if dentist said that. I only recently found out improper bite can create a weak profile. Sorry for essay but I'm getting frustrated cuz I've had chin implant, Lipo and filler to address my poor jawline and nothing seems to really fix it. Wondering if there is something more I could do before I accept that this is the best it can be.
3/12/2018
Plastic Surgeon: Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD) replied 3 months ago
Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Thank you for your question. In order to answer your question accurately, you need to send some pictures of yourself - front view and lateral profile. I will respond again after reviewing your pictures.
If you have had a chin implant, liposuction and fillers to address the jaw line, it may be necessary to do something else. I have not seen any pictures but it sounds like you may benefit from laser, a chemical peel or a facelift (if there is excess skin).