Plastic Surgery

Plastic surgery questions? Ask a plastic surgeon.

Ask a Doctor,

A 13 year old male sustained a fractured right femur during…

Customer Question
a 13 year old male...
a 13 year old male sustained a fractured right femur during a soccer game and underwent open treatment with insertion of two screws and two pins. after administration of general anesthesia, an incision was made over the fracture site and a metal rod was inserted through the bone's shaft to stabilize it. The rod was secured with screws, and the leg was placed in a cast.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plastic Surgery
1/4/2018
Plastic Surgeon: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

From your description, the surgical procedure is appropriate and healing will occur. Postoperative weight bearing and physical therapy are used to help the healing process.Do you have any additional questions?

I need the CPT code for this procedure please
Plastic Surgeon: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 6 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Do you just need the CPT code for the femur rodding surgery?
27506 would probably be best one for that procedure
Does that answer your question?

Did my response answer your question?

If so,

You’re welcome and glad to be able to help you today!

I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.