Plastic Surgery

Plastic Surgery Questions? Ask a Plastic Surgeon.

Ask a Doctor,

Plastic Surgery

I am talking to a girl online. She said that she used to be

Hello I am talking to a...
Hello
I am talking to a girl online. She said that she used to be extremely beautiful but then she got an injury in the forehead for which had to "dissect her frontalis muscle" after which she became less attractive.I am putting it in quotations because it is her words and may not be technically correct. She said it was pretty deep and after that it made her less attractive. She said something along the lines that all nerves and blood vessels of face are highly interconnected and hence her face gets less blood etc. So she keeps telling me she might get "uglier". Could you please shed some light on what complications she might be suffering from based on what I mentioned? Please note that she might be hiding something's so I need an answer based on your experience and things she revealed. Please advice.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/15/2017
Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Thank you for your question. Before we arrange a phone call, you must obtain more information from that person. The information includes the diagnosis and the exact treatment that she had and what type of surgeon operated on her. I await your response.
I hope you understand that courting a girl is delicate process and Indont want to sound too suspicious and probe her too much on this. I do not want any treatment for her. I just wanted to know if you have "frontalis muscle dissection " is there chances that bloood supply to face decreases? Will that make your face age faster? What things I should be careful of?
What she is describing to you is very bizarre. The frontal is muscle wrinkles the forehead and raises the eyebrows. The usual treatment for wrinkling is botox and not surgery. In addition, the blood supply to the facial area is very proficient and it would be unusual for the face to age faster if this blood supply is interfered with. Collateral circulation (new avenues of blood supply) would occur. Again this is very bizarre.
Frontalis not frontal is
Thank you. My mother is a doctor and she also thinks this is weird and doesn't make sense. Thanks for confirming.
Surgery involving the frontalis muscle is associated with a forehead lift, trauma or a craniotomy.
Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Thanks. One last question to help me in my investigation. Feel free to give your opinion about it. For surgical procedures to do a forehead lift, for trauma or craniotomy, can it possibly in case of any screw up, ever have side effects affecting the whole face /cheeks etc?
It is very unlikely that a forehead lift would cause side effects affecting the entire facial area. A forehead lift involves the muscles of the forehead and skin only.
Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)