Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

I wanted to ask if laserliposuction is working and if it can

Customer Question

Hello I wanted to ask if laserliposuction is working and if it can be harmful. And also will it come back after stopping laseeliposuction... i was told I have to get it done twice a week for 8 weeks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  PlasticSurgeryMD replied 1 month ago.

Laser liposuction is definitely done and has long term studies to show results. It does not require multiple sittings but is more costly that iLipo. iLipo is latest technology with limited long term studies to show its results. This does require multiple sittings depending on the area and amount of fat to be dissolved. This is cheaper than Laser Liposuction.

Hope this information is helpful

Regards

Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. Laserliposuction has more risk than regular liposuction. The increased risk is related to the laser and the potential for burns of the tissue where the laser is used. Most plastic surgeons do not recommend laser liposuction due to the increased risk of complications over regular liposuction. There is more of a chance of lumpiness following laser liposuction than regular liposuction. I am available if you have more questions.