Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

I had full tummy tuck, no Lipo, one month ago. I have pig

Customer Question

I had full tummy tuck, no Lipo, one month ago. I have pig tail loose skin where drain sites were. Doctor said to come back to have them removed. The removal in performed with a local in office, thirty minutes. Does this sound right to you?
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  druzair replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  druzair replied 9 months ago.

Yes, that is right such loose skin is removed under local anesthesia and is office based procedure. Nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes

Expert:  druzair replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.

Expert:  Plastic Surgeon replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for requesting me. The area where the drains were sometimes causes some folding or bulging of the skin. I would not recommend that you have this corrected at this time since you are only 1 month following surgery. Sometimes this corrects itself. If that area is still present in a few months, then revision can be performed. If done too soon, you may need to have it redone again. I am available if you have more questions.
In addition, this can usually be performed under local anesthesia in the office of your plastic surgeon.