Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon (MD)
Experience:  30 years experience; Board Certified in Plastic Surgery; Member American College of Surgeons;
50717427

What can be done for a 48 year old woman, my wife about he

What can be done for a 48 year old woman, my wife about he breasts. She can't find a way to get rid of pain because of them, she has been told she just needs to get lighter by working out more often. I expect you understand that the pain she gets is simply because the breasts are heavy. She has tried all kinds of very good brasseries but nothing works good enough. Can you suggest help or let us know what kind of specialist could help her.

Thank you for your question. If your wife has large breasts, she is probably a candidate for a breast reduction. This is an excellent procedure in the properly selected patient. This surgery will eliminate back pain, breast pain, shoulder pain and mammograms will be easier to read after a breast reduction. She needs to see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation. I am available if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give us an idea what size of breasts would benefit from this ? She is 167 cm and about 95 kg. Can you suggest an alternative way which would not require a breast reduction ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
40D is the size of the brasseries

She would benefit from a breast reduction.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just last question, what is mammograms ?

A mammogram is a special x-Ray of the breasts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the very last question. Again, can you suggest an alternative way which would not require a breast reduction, please ? I talked to my wife about this and she says it would be very unlikely that she would have a breast reduction, but still good to know about this option. Perhaps some relatively easy way to loose weight.

Breast reduction is a very safe surgical procedure. If you wife loses weight, she will still have symptoms because it is very difficult to lose breast weight.