Plastic Surgery

Plastic surgery questions? Ask a plastic surgeon.

Ask a Doctor,

Given this information and an educated guesshttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.go…

Customer Question
Given this information and an...
Given this information and an educated guess
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20058315
What percentage of the American population that is not deceased has had an ambulatory sinonasal procedure as of June 2015? To answer this you would also need to know the death rate and birth rate of this country. In other words, using an educated guess, and assuming some of the people who have had this procedure done have died, how many people alive today had this done and also at what age of living people would the number of this type of surgery performed on be highest? I'm guessing 1 in 25 of the population at an age of about 55. Note: I'm not sure if this census data includes nose jobs done for cosmetic reasons.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Plastic Surgery
Please tell me how you came to this conclusion or you can put the formula of how you arrived at your result. I understand the scope of this question is kind of large so take your time and please show your sources for population data.
Answered in 6 days by:
6/23/2015
Plastic Surgeon: educatortech,
 replied 2 years ago
educatortech
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts here at JustAnswer.
Unfortunately I do not think we have an expert that is able to fully respond to this very specific issue - there would be a ton of research involved and require very specific databases that are hard to track down.
I found some information here
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24390859
I think a medical site such as this would provide better contacts for the research based information that you are seeking.