Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Can not get out of silent mode, KXTG6531, 6 month, I

Customer Question
Can not get out...

Can not get out of silent mode

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

KXTG6531

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

6 month , I followed manual instruction with no success

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
6/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Are there any "indicators" that the system is in silent mode"? If so, what are those indicators?
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
3) What EXACT STEPS (instructions) were tried, and was any trouble encountered during those steps?
Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close or ignore) any such offers,
and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

there is a bell symbol indicating system is on silent mode. There are two handset and only one has the issue. We followed factory manual instructions with no success.
No, thank you, ***** ***** help me by text

Hi again,

As mentioned in my first note, ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please CONTINUE to DECLINE (close or ignore) any such offers,
and continue in this text/chat form.

OK

May I ask what EXACT manual instructions were followed - to attempt to correct this issue.

That is, what keys were pressed - and the results shown on the display?

Thank you, ***** ***** figure it out, just needed to talk it out...thanks again

Hi again,

May I ask what EXACTLY was found - to figure it out?

I'm just curious - because my notes say that a "bell with a line through it" - perhaps was what you were seeing - mean that the "Ringer volume" of a particular handset is set to "Off".

In any case, its good to know that the system is working again.

If my input helped in ANY way (sometimes asking the right question leads to a solution), please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, at the top of your screen.

Take Care, Greg A.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This was not useful information
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 month ago

I see you've left a negative rating for me. May I ask if that was a mistake? If so, please consider rating again at a higher level (3 stars or higher) to offset the negative rating.

Otherwise, rating me poorly does not fix the problem, or affect your payment. It isn't communicated with the maker of your product, or this site.

A negative rating only serves to harm my professional reputation, and is effectively blaming me for the problem. This is extremely unfair to me, when I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services.

NOTE: Ratings are intend to be for the EXPERTS and NOT this site or how "useful" it is/was.

Regards, ***** *****

(im)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We'll need your computer to implement the solution.

RE: "We'll need your computer to implement the solution."

I'm sorry - I don't understand that response.

Can you please explain?