Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have the Panasonic KX-TG7641 phone system, when a call…

Customer Question
We have the Panasonic...

We have the Panasonic KX-TG7641 phone system, when a call comes in we can here the party but they cannot hear us.

Technician's Assistant: When did this sound problem start with your KX-TG7641 system?

About a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Does it happen on all the handsets?

I'm not sure

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
5/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Does this happen for ALL CALLS - both IN and OUT?
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue (please TEST more than one handset if needed)?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) Do you have ANY other CORDED phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close or ignore) any such offers,
and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

1)both in & out, 2)4 and they all have the problem,3) at&t, 4)no

Hi again and thanks for that detailed response.

May I ask if the AT&T phone service is "digital" - such as part of a "U-verse" package - or "analog" - such as a "hard wired" service?

Also, do you have access to OR can borrow a corded phone that CAN be connected to the phone service - for the purposes of TESTING?

Thanks

analog, no
when I initiate the call I can here them but they can't hear me, when the call comes in they can hear me but I can't hear them.

OK - without access to a different phone - such as a corded phone - we are somewhat "limited" on what can be TESTED.

BUT - we can TRY what I call a "short reset" - of the MAIN BASE of the Panasonic system - and then try a TEST CALL to see if that restores your voice being heard. I have that procedure below.

SHORT "reset" procedure - for the MAIN BASE only. This is done by following the steps below.
============================
1) Remove ANY CORDLESS handset from the main base.
2) Remove the phone cord from the main base unit AND the phone jack in the wall.
3) Remove the AC power adapter plug from the main base unit AND remove the AC adapter from the power outlet.
4) WAIT 5 minutes. This allows any "stuck" conditions in the MAIN BASE to clear.
5) Reconnect the phone cord between the main base and the phone jack in the wall.
6) Reconnect the AC power adapter plug in the main base unit and then plug the AC adapter into the wall power outlet.
7) Put the cordless handset back on the MAIN BASE.
8) Wait 30-60 seconds for the system to reinitialize.
9) Test each function of the main base unit (answering system, caller id, etc.).
10) Test each handset for proper function.
============================
Again, try this procedure and then make and take a couple of TEST CALLS - to see if service is restored. Let me know your RESULTS of this procedure and TESTS.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,
I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)