Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a new KX-TGD533 cordless telephone set. Trying to set…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new KX-TGD533 cordless telephone set. Trying to set up greeting and listen. buttons on phone don't look like the ones in the manual

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

KX-TGD533

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

B

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

It's brand new. just trying to set it up.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
5/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

To record a greeting, take a handset and key in Menu#302

then up/down to Yes

Select

at the beep, speak your greeting

when done press Stop

then Off

Let me know if that works for you, please.

That's part of my problem. There is no "stop" on the handset.

There is,

but just like the other functions (select, save), it is not a physical button,

it is a "soft key",

when the phone is ready (during the recording process), the word stop will appear on the handset display screen, and you press the button directly below it.