Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a CS6124 telephone system about 10 years old. I'm…

Customer Question
Hi: I have...

Hi: I have a CS6124 telephone system about 10 years old. I'm unable to get a dial tone. If I start to dial a message "Unable to call" comes up. Do I need a new battery or is there another solution. I've been leaving the phone sitting on my desk and not in its' cradle recently.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your phone?

I've been trying to charge it for the last several days.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?

No. Where is the Power button on the phone or the console?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think that's all the information I have.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Phone Systems
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/27/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 29 days ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Vtech system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close or ignore) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
1. one handset. 2. landline provider is Verizon. 3. Yes two dial phones - not Vtech. They are working properly. Note:I do not have a phone that accepts tech messages.

OK - next question: Has the battery in the Vtech system EVER been replaced - since the system was new?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No thanks! Cancel any charges. Do not charge my credit card. This seems like a scam
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I will reject any charges made against my credit card.

Hi again,
You MAY be seeing pop-up requests - such as for a phone call.
As mentioned earlier:
ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me).
Please continue to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
But if you prefer to CANCEL, You can contact the Customer Service department using the "Help" link that is on almost every page of the site.
Please let me know if you wish to continue (or not).

Thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No the battery has never been replaced
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No! Cancel any charges as I've requested.

OK - IF the battery has NEVER Been replaced with a new rechargeable battery, getting a NEW battery and charging it up for a few hours would be the FIRST thing I would try.

You MAY be able to find the battery locally - at a store that carries a LOT of Vtech phones. But if you need a reference, I have a link to Amazon (below) where I did a search for these batteries.

Click Here --> https://amzn.to/2sdtYFT

Please let me know what you find after getting a replacement battery OR if you have any more questions about this issue.

Thanks, ***** *****

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 25 days ago

Hi again,
I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)