Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I bought a new Panasonic KX-TGD533 Cordless Telephone with…

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new Panasonic KX-TGD533 Cordless Telephone with "Talking Caller ID". I'm installing the 3 Handsets as we speak. My eyesight is not good and I want the handset to talk to me and tell me the name and number of the person calling. I'm reading the Operating Instructions booklet and I want to verify I've set the "code" correctly.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGD533? What have you tried so far?

Its been going on for 15 minutes. I turned the handset on and with the word "MEMU" on the screen, I insert code "#162" and then touch the off button.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

My AT&T Telephone company tells me I'm paying for Caller ID through out my home.

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Phone Systems
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 30 days ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone or neighbor's phone - to be able to place TEST CALLS to your new system - to TEST the Talking Caller ID feature?
2) Have you RECEIVED ANY INCOMING CALLS yet - since the system has been installed?
Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close or ignore) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 24 days ago

Hi again,
I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)