Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Before I begin, what is this going to cost? I have numerous…

Before I begin, what...

Before I begin, what is this going to cost?

Technician's Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I have numerous phone jacks and only one works. They all say "Line in Use" except for the one that works, even though no one is on the phone. My one phone/jack works but none of the others.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic KX-TGE260

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGE260? What have you tried so far?

Just started a few days ago. I've used a corded phone from the jack that works and numerous other cordless phones.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just the cost in case I just have to forget it. Thanks

4/27/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The fees were detailed on the payment page which you had to agree to before getting to our conversation here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?

One phone jack is working but none of the others. Line in use message on all jacks except the one that works. Dial tone and ring tone on good jack.
I really need all of the specific details requested above please.
Only one phone jack is working. They are all on same phone line.

I'm asking about the cordless handsets.

A "jack", is a telephone wall outlet/connection, where you would plug a telephone cord.

Only 3 cordless phones and one corded phone plugged into one phone jack work. Phones plugged into other jacks don’t work. We have AT&T.

Okay thank you for checking,

that would be a wiring issue, especially if you have your att service via cable/fiber (uverse), then the phones are likely all tied in through your modem and other jacks in the house are not linked to that.

You'd either need to run them all off the one working jack by adding a splitter,

or call ATT and have them send a tech out to wire up the other jacks so they are all linked together.

They all worked until a few days ago

It would still be a wiring issue,

if the phones work on one jack but not others, that is an internal wiring issue. There may be a bad connection in a junction box, a bad wire, etc,

that is something that requires an on site telephone tech to trace down and repair.
It is not an issue with your equipment, it is an infrastructure issue and calling ATT as your provider is the next step.

Ok

Thank you, ***** ***** of luck with the phone co!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to conclude our session. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician