Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

The "person" that announces calls on the answering machine…

The "person" that announces...

The "person" that announces calls on the answering machine sounds like she has marbles in her mouth and we cannot understand her ...Yes, we do have it set to English. It is so annoying!!! Thanks!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Home phone KX-TGD210

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGD210? What have you tried so far?

It has been like this since we bought it about 3 yrs ago...don't know anything that we can do to help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think I should have to pay $5.00 to get an answer!!!

4/24/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome,

Just in case you were not aware, you have asked your question on JustAnswer.com - a paid support service. It is NOT free help.
Typically there is a $5 deposit - to POST your question - PLUS an agreed upon amount, with the total balance paid upon receiving an answer.

Now that you are aware of the above information, please let me know if you would like to continue towards an answer to your question(s).

Thanks

I have already paid $24 and has already come out of my checking account. I understand, just frustrated with my phone, not you :(
No, I Don't want to pay more for a phone call. I am 70yrs old and live on SS. Can you help?
If not, how do I get a refund?

Hi again,

Just so you know: We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have NO ACCESS to ANY of your private information or account. We can NOT even see how much has been deposited towards getting a response or advice.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department using the "Help" link that is on almost every page of the site.

With that being said, and if you DO want help with your questions, let me first ask if you can CONFIRM the model of the phone system you are working with?

If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

And again, we experts are just "users" of the site and must respond ONLY to your original question topic - which is your phone system.

Thanks

Panasonic KX-TGC362B DECT 6.0

Hi again and thanks for that model.

Although I MUST SAY that is VERY DIFFERENT from the first model sent (KX-TGD210).

Please bare with me when I ask:

1) When you asked: "The "person" that announces calls on the answering machine sounds like she has marbles in her mouth and we cannot understand her" - do you KNOW WHERE this "person's voice" is coming from?

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) is being used from this phone service?

No, I Don't know....our provider is Comcast for phone, tv, and computer.

OK - is this a "computer generated" voice that is coming on - when the "answering system" takes the calls?

And do you have access to an outside line that can be used to CALL the Comcast number - and HEAR that greeting? If so, can you send me the EXACT greeting spoken - but do NOT include the phone number - if that is spoken.

Thanks

Just so you know: I NEED to go offline at the top of the hour - as I have to get some rest (past my bed time).

So let me know if you want to delay our discussion until tomorrow - in about 9 hours time (that's typically when I get back on).

Thanks

The recorded greeting at an 800 number is ***** perfect English.
send me an email when you are availablem

I don't understand. Your original question was about "The "person" that announces calls on the answering machine".

Are we talking about the same "answering machine"?

OK - I will TRY to send another response note tomorrow - when I come back online - to let you know I'm here.

Have a good night, Greg A.

(im)

I am still talking about the person on our own answering machine that announces who is calling. It is the Panasonic home phone that I gave you the model number, etc that you asked for a few minutes ago. Why is this so difficult???
I Don't know why you had me call the Comcast 800 number to hear them?????

OK - I MUST go offline now. We can continue tomorrow - and see if we can get this straightened out.

I will TRY to send another response note tomorrow - when I come back online - to let you know I'm here.

Have a good night, Greg A.

(im)

Have not heard from you today. The voice on the answering machine that announces who is calling is not a live person. It is a computer generated voice.

Hi again,

Sorry for not sending a note earlier. The system is not behaving for me today.

So is the "answering machine" an actual device or appliance - in your home?

If so, can you tell me the Make & Model of that device?

I have given you the model # before. It is a Panasonic home phone with an answering machine and 1 additional phone. The computer generated voice on the answering machine is garbled when it announces the number or name of who is calling. The information also comes up on our TV so we can see it. We have Comcast as our provider for tv, phone, computer.

OK - let me in a slightly DIFFERENT way:

Is this voice announcing EVERY CALL - with the NUMBER or NAME of the caller?

That means ALL CALLS - whether taken by the "answering machine" or not.

Panasonic KX-TGC362B DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone with Answering Machine - 2 Handsets manual
No, I do not want a phone call that costs more money, thanks!

In case you were not aware,

ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me).
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Back to the issue at hand:

May I ask WHEN is this garble voice heard AND what STEPS have to be taken to HEAR this voice?

ok. Again, I answered all of these questions last night. Do you not have this information today? I don't know of any steps to fix it that is why I called ... it has been that way since we purchased the phone about 2-3 years ago. There is no place to decline a phone call..only a box that says "call me"

OK - you ARE typing back to me, so there must be a way to close those requests - or just ignore them.

And as for the information, I have asked for NEW information - to TRY to find out WHEN and WHERE this voice is heard.

Please try to respond ONLY to that item only.

Thanks

(im)

I will ignore it. I just responded to your recent questions and sent the model # of the phone/answering machine in question.

Yes - I have the model of the system.

I have asked for NEW information - to TRY to find out WHEN and WHERE this voice is heard.

So WHEN is the voice heard (for EVERY call or not)?

Are there any STEPS needed to HEAR that voice?

It is heard with every phone call if we don't pick up the phone to answer it. I don't know if there are any steps to hear the voice it just has always been there.
The model # I gave you before is what was on the Panasonic web-site, sorry! The number(s) on the bottom of the phone/answering machine is KX-TGD220 and KX-TGD 222M

Thanks for that response.

OK - that voice sounds like it is from a "Talking Caller ID" system of some kind.

BUT, according to my notes for the Panasonic systems you have mentioned, the KX-TGC362 system does NOT have the Talking Caller ID feature.

But I do see that the KX-TGD220 DOES have the Talking Caller ID feature.

So that feature can be "turned OFF" - for both the MAIN BASE and EACH of the cordless handsets.

Would you like the steps to do that?

Thanks

(im)

Is there a way to know why the "voice" is so garbled? My husband doesn't want it turned off but I would like it to be more clear. Anyone to contact to fix the "voice"?
Sorry about the mix up in numbers. I do see in my manual how to turn it off but just wondered if it could be clear enough to understand.

To be absolutely honest with you, the "Talking Caller ID" voice is based on INTERNAL HARDWARE - within the units themselves - and is really a bit "primitive" by today's standards.

What that HARDWARE really is - is a "text-to-speech" circuit, and there is no real way to "reprogram" or "fix" it.

BUT, of the voice is "garbled", that COULD be a result of LOW CAPACITY BATTERIES - at least for the handsets that announce the calls. IF that is the case, a NEW set of FULLY charged batteries TESTED in at least one of the cordless handsets would be what I would try - to get rid of the "garbled" voice.

Please let me know IF you can try replacing the batteries in one handset - to get rid of the garbled voice.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Thank you! If that does not help we probably need to get a more updated phone system!!! BYE...have a great day!!!

You're quite welcome and thanks for the 5-star rating.

SUGGESTION: IF you decide to get a NEWER system with the Talking Caller ID feature, I would recommend taking the system home, charging up the batteries for a couple hours, and QUICKLY install the system on the phone line and TEST the voice for quality and clarity.

That should allow you to return the system to the place of purchase - IF NEEDED - within the limits of the store's "return policy" (usually at least 2 weeks).

Take Good Care, Greg A.