Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have new KX-TG9542 and I'm trying to set it up - it a two…

I have new KX-TG9542...

I have new KX-TG9542 and I'm trying to set it up - it a two line phone and I can't figure how connect it os xfinity modem and the out one to inside line. And do not know how to the 3 handsets connected to the base unit.

Technician's Assistant: Did this handset come with your system, or was it bought separately?

It was shipped direct from Panasonic.

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets show the same message?

No

4/21/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are 2 jacks on the back of the panasonic main base station, so you'd connect one of them (such as L1) to the modem, and the other to the L2 jack.

The handsets are paired from the factory so nothing is needed to connect them, just charge them for several hours before use.

Let me know if this works for you please.

I have switch the lines around

Either way is fine, it is up to you which you want to be 1 and 2.

How is it working now?

Nathan, Technician
it does not work - call me at(###) ###-####
Phone call session started