Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My Panasonic phone system suddenly won't give me a dial

My Panasonic phone system...

My Panasonic phone system suddenly won't give me a dial tone? People can't call me.

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

XxTGA470

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

About two or three hours. Tried both units. Keep coming up with "conf" and other headings.

4/18/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones or service.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model sent is for a single cordless handset).
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: ***
ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

6.0 Plus
KX TG4732B
30 AXA054557
2 handsets both impacted
Verizon
No other devices

OK - as a FIRST TEST - may I ask if you can DISCONNECT the PHONE CORD from the Panasonic BASE, and while still disconnected, pick up one of the handsets and see if any "message" appears on the display - such as "Check tel line"?

Thanks

No message
Oops. No link. Reconnect base AC adapter.

OK - if you are seeing the "No link" message, it sounds like the AC power adapter MAY have been disconnected - from the MAIN BASE.

Please double-check that AC power adapter - at both ends - and verify that power is being supplied to the MAIN BASE.

Obviously I made a mistake and disconnected the AC adapter. It is fine now but no message appears on the handset.

By the way:
I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.
We can also continue here in this chat/text form.
Please let me know if that will work for you.
Thanks

OK - let me know WHAT CORDS are connected to the MAIN BASE at this time AND what is showing on the display of any "picked up" handset - when pressing the SPEAKER button.

Continue here. Call would mean I can't get text messages and talk at same time.
Keep online.

ACCord is connected. Telephone not. No message on hand held unit except "check tell line".
Also time is displayed.

Please CONFIRM - you ARE seeing the "Check tel line" message at one time or another?

Check tell line shows with time of day.

OK _ very good.

That "Check tel line" tells us that the Panasonic system IS detecting the missing phone line connection - which is a "good thing".

Go ahead and RECONNECT the phone cord, wait for a few seconds - and let me know if the Check tel line message goes away.

Done. Message gone.

OK - now pick up any handset and press SPEAKER - and let me know if you hear a dial tone.

No dial tone.

OK - can you tell me if you have ANY provider equipment at your location - where the phone cord connects or enters the building?

This would be something like a "box" of some kind.

Thanks

Not that I'm aware of.

OK - we MAY be looking at a SERVICE issue, but I would like to TEST for that - IF we can.

Do you have any other landline phone available - that CAN be connected to the phone line and then TEST for a dial tone?

OR is there a friend/neighbor close by where the Panasonic base and one handset be connected - at TESTED at that location?

No other land line available. Could go to neighbor but it is almost quarter mile away. Would have to drive it. What do you think?

IF someone is there - at the neighbor's home - it might be worth the time to find out IF this is a "phone issue" OR a "SERVICE issue".

Sorry we disconnected. Want me to go to neighbor's house ( if they are home)? How do I reach you from there?

If you want to visit the neighbor, you should be able to just leave the computer (or device) right on this screen, and then send me a note when you get back - with the TEST results.

I'll give it a shot. Be back to you.

Take your time.

Went to neighbor. No land line��! Came back and replugged in everything and it works!!!! Let's hope "we" solved it! Many thanks for your time.

Hmm ... interesting. But I'm glad the system IS working for you now.

If this happens again, I would recommend contacting the service provider - assuming you have access to a different "working" phone.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer