Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

With my Panasonic phone, when I record a message, the caller…

Customer Question
With my Panasonic phone...

With my Panasonic phone, when I record a message, the caller never hears a "beep" to record a message. there is only silence.

Technician's Assistant: When did this sound problem start with your Panasonic system?

I aalways

Technician's Assistant: Does it happen on all the handsets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, but these phones are only 2 months old. I've never been able to fix it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
I've recorded my message at least 20 times, and always hit the "stop" button when finished recording. But still, there is no beep for the caller to leave a message. I've received NO messages through all this. Thank you. *****
4/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello Nancy & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phone or message system.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.
2) Do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - and can place a TEST CALL to the Panasonic number? If so, please place that test call and let me know EXACTLY what is heard - in the calling phone.
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: ***
ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

1) KX-TG9542B......
2) yes -(###) ###-#### (I've already tried to leave myself a message using this cell, but still no "beep" to start recording a message.
3) Cox - through our common system in the retirement village where I live.

OK - please let me know EXACTLY what was heard - IN THE CALLING PHONE.

Please INCLUDE:

- How many rings were heard before any announcement.

- If the announcement was the one just recorded.

- IF you can actually LEAVE a TEST MESSAGE.

- If you can play back that TEST MESSAGE from the Panasonic MAIN BASE (by pressing the PLAY button).

Thanks

4 rings to answer.
I can leave a text message (with NO beep to start recording), so message is never recorded.
And lastly, I can hear my answer-recording after I record and have hit "stop". Then it plays back the recording for me to accept or reject and re-record. But never any beep!!!
On the second answer -let me clarify. I mean when I call from my cell to the land line, I hear my recorded message, but NO beep to start recording.

OK - please try the following and let me know what happens.

Please turn OFF the Panasonic Answering system and then REPEAT the TEST CALL.

Then let me know EXACTLY what is heard - IN THE CALLING PHONE.

NOTE: What we are doing is TESTING - to see if some "other system" is answering the calls.

Thanks

Ok - one moment.........Did it! I turned OFF the answering on Line 1. It rang 4 times, then I heard my message, AND THEN I DID HEAR A BEEP.....???

OK - those results sound like there is a SEPARATE message system - taking the calls.

That could be a physically separate "answering machine" OR a "voicemail service" - from the phone service provider.

So the solution is to FIND that "other system" and make sure that is the one you want to have turned ON AND

To turn OFF any other systems that may be taking the calls.

NOTE: Having MULTIPLE message systems active at the same time can be VERY confusing!

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Learned something else. After leaving that last message I described, I went to the base and hit "Play 1". It says "No Message". I then checked the village call center (which ONLY picks up when line is busy or phone is turned off), and it DID have the message. That is why it defaulted to there when I had the base unit Line 1 turned off. Now what?In other words, when your answering system is engaged, it will pick up NO messages even when the answering system is turned on.
I really need this fixed. I bought these phones in order to have a good HOME answering system!!!
ARE YOU HERE????

Hi again,

Sorry for any delayed response - I had a family emergency to be handled.

From what you describe, it sounds like the "ring count" for the Panasonic system and the facility Voicemail system may be very similar.

As a TEST, I would set the "Ring count" of the Panasonic system to its MINIMUM value (TWO for most Panasonic systems), turn the Panasonic Answering system back ON, and then REPEAT the TEST CALL from the outside line.

This is to TEST IF the Panasonic system CAN pick up the calls with the MINIMUM number of rings AND if will play its own greeting AND can record a TEST MESSAGE (to be played back on the MAIN base).

Let me know if you need specific instructions for setting the Ring Count on the Panasonic Answering system.

Also let me know the RESULTS of this next TEST CALL.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)