Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

This problem is getting worse!!!!! Our Panasonic phones 1…

Customer Question
This problem is getting worse!!!!...
This problem is getting worse!!!!! Our Panasonic phones 1 base + 3 will not allow us to dial numbers e.g. when you call a company and have to go through a series of entered numbers to get to the right person nor will our phones allow s to take messages - even though we have call display, etc., and we cannot pick up messages because the call message has been terminated apparently. We need help NOW PLEASE!
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
4/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Eldon, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Customer Service

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

can you tell me specifically what happens when someone calls you? What do they hear - busy signal, endless ringing, error message, etc?

did you get any of my previous message?

It looks like you had posted several duplicate questions which the system closes automatically.

I saw your note about having trouble entering numbers and getting messages.

If people call and we're not here nothing happens
We also cannot dial in numbers as requested by the automated system to get to certain departments or individuals. Our carrier is Bell and I understand that everything is to be done at their end including the number of rings before the phone kicks over to the answering system - if we EVER get that working!! I'm really starting to get angry - we're paying for services and not getting them!!

Well something must happen when people call you if you are not there to answer.

Again, I need specifics please. The more detail you can provide the better I can help.

We've called from our cells to our land line and nothing happens - just blank air

It doesn't even ring? (on the caller/cell end)

It rings but them there's no message prompt or anything else - just blank

Okay and if you dial the *98, does it present you with a messaging system (new/saved messages, etc)?

No, nothing. #98 always worked before and now there is absolutely nothing. The ringing stops and then silence.

Okay so this is a phone company issue then,

if you hear nothing when dialing *98, and callers hear nothing after ringing, then the voicemail service is either deactivated or malfunctioning. You'll need to call the phone company and have them turn that on, if you wish to use their voicemail.

Alternately, you could use the panasonic answering machine feature instead, by just pressing the ANS ON/OFF button on the main base station to toggle that on.