Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

How do i empty my mailbox? my answering message states: this…

How do i empty...

How do i empty my mailbox? my answering message states: this mail box is full.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Verizon.net

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Thru my computer

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None for my landline but my computer connection is fine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I wish to have the mailbox empty so that my landlines will pick up missed calls, Bear with me but what does that have to do with the email? Please explain so that I amy understand. Thank you

4/13/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry about the "Assistant" script and it asking about email.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) How are messages left on the system NORMALLY listened to?
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Can you still ACCESS the message system - to listen to stored messages?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: ***
ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

I have an automatic answering system on this phone.
Are you there? I started this session on 2:59 pm.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I ask if you can respond to the SPECIFIC QUESTIONS I asked above?

Thanks

I access the messages directly on the phone instrument.
My landline carrier is Frontier
The answering service on the machine says "no messages"
However if anyone calls in, it says "this mailbox is full".

OK - since you have an "Answering machine" in the phone system (instrument), may I ask the FULL Make & Model of that system?

May I also ask if you can do a QUICK TEST for me?

That TEST is to pick up ANY phone that is attached to the Frontier phone service and QUICKLY LISTEN for the dial tone.

Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone (such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones).

Thanks

the name of the operating stystem is Panasonic, Series KX TGF 370 Series .
Tried your test and get nothing but a steady dial tone.

OK - very good.

I believe what you are encountering - when the "mailbox full" is heard - is actually a "Voicemail system" - from the SERVICE PROVIDER.

So to TEST if that is indeed what is happening, I would like you to do the following TEST - to see if you CAN at least ACCESS that Voicemail system.

Please pick up any phone, press the SPEAKER button and WAIT for the STEADY dial tone, then dial your own Frontier number.

Let me know IF you hear some kind of "greeting" or announcement, but press the * (Star) key on the phone IF/WHEN you hear that greeting.

Let me know your results.

Thanks

OK. the message I finally received was "if you have a mailbox , enter your number and press pound." I have not established any mailbox with frontier as I used the Panasonic unit mailbox.

OK - I believe we are mixing up 'terms" or "phrases" a little bit - regarding the message systems in use. To CLARIFY:

Phone systems such as the Panasonic mentioned, have built-in "Answering Systems" - which record messages inside the main base.

Service providers have a "Voicemail System" - which is a SERVICE provided by their company - as part of the phone service.

Both systems have similar functions, but they are DIFFERENT and SEPARATE systems - and do not usually work well together - when both systems are on.

Also, SOME service providers will simply "turn on" or enable their Voicemail system - when ANY CHANGE occurs with the service package they provide.

One other KEY ITEM that tells us that this is a Voicemail system that is FULL, is the term/phrase "Mailbox full".

Most "answering systems" inside home phones will never speak or announce the term "mailbox".

So may I ask if there have been ANY RECENT CHANGES in the service package you have with Frontier?

NOTE: These CHANGES may have occurred more than a month before this "mailbox full" was noticed.

Please let me know.

Thanks

OK i think we are getting somewhere. Yes it definitely says "mailbox is full" and we did have a problem with Frontier about 2 months ago. I didnot request that they establish a mailbox for me and I donot know how the Panasonic's Answering System
can be turned off. On the instrument itself it show that it is connected. I only know that the builtin system is the one I prefer.
How do I return to this mailbox system? Thanks

OK - since there WAS an issue with the Frontier service, then it is HIGHLY LIKELY that they DID "Turn ON" the Voicemail system for your line. That could have been a mistake on their part, or just part of what was done to address the issue that occurred at that time (2 months ago).

In any case, since the MAILBOX FULL IS being heard, we KNOW that the Voicemail system IS active. And it would be a good idea to at least get ACCESS to that system to CHECK of there are any "important" messages left there for you.

I believe the BEST/FASTEST way to do that is to have to contact the "Technical Support" folks at Frontier - so they can give you EXACT INSTRUCTIONS - for your service area - to get access to the system.

I am recommending contacting "Technical Support" BECAUSE they SHOULD be available 24 hours a day - every day (24/7/365). I have a couple of possible contact numbers and a link below that may give you other methods to contact them (such as online chat).

Frontier Phone - Technical Support & Repair
1-***-***-****
1-***-***-**** (other possible number)
1-***-***-**** (other possible number)

Hours of Operation: 24/7

Main "Contact Us" Page
https://frontier.com/Contact-Us#/residential

Please TRY contacting them and ask them SPECIFICALLY "How to access the Voicemail System" for your phone line.

Please let me know what is found OR if you have any more questions about this situation.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Thank you for that information But is there no way to simply use the builtin panasonic system? I had the worst time till Frontier finally corrected their error the last time and dread a repeat performance with them. It took four months. Thanks again.

Hi again,

Yes, You MAY be able to turn ON the Panasonic Answering system AND set the "Ring count" (number of rings before the Answering system picks up the call) to a LOWER NUMBER than the provider's Voicemail system.

For example, if the Voicemail system picks up calls after FIVE rings, then the Panasonic system "Ring count" could be set to THREE. This 2-ring difference is RECOMMENDED, so that the home system has the first chance to pick up the calls you don't want to answer.

Let me know if you need any SPECIFIC instructions for turning ON the Panasonic Answering system OR setting the Ring Count.

I would appreciate a quick instruction on setting the ring count . Otherwise I will have to hunt up the manual.

Would a short video work for you - to show you how to set the ring count?

If so, here is a link to a video that shows that process.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsNFrBNQVPU

Let me know if you need TEXT instructions, and I can type those up for you.

Thanks, ***** *****

Sorry Greg , did not mean to shut you off. trying for the video. thanks so much. Would you be so kind as to text them to me?

I can send them as TEXT only HERE - on this screen. They are below.

================

To set the number of rings (ring count), using the DIRECT COMMAND programming method:

0) Pick up any handset - while the system is not in use (not on a call).
1) Press MENU, followed by # 2 1 1 (pound-two-one-one)
2) Use the UP or DOWN arrows (top and bottom of the round center key) to highlight the number of rings you want.
3) Press the SAVE soft key (button directly BELOW the word "SAVE" on the display)
4) Press the OFF button - to exit programming.

Please give this a try and let me know if you can successfully change the number of rings.

NOTE: I recommend having someone place a TEST CALL to the Panasonic phone number, to VERIFY that the call is picked up after the number of rings set.
IF the verification does NOT work, just let me know - as we have a couple more things to try

I hope this helps. If the change CAN be made successfully and VERIFIED through the TEST CALL, please take a moment to rate MY service (5-star is my goal).

Thanks, ***** *****

Thank you again. Must go now. Will rate you.

You're quite welcome.

If you have any trouble finding or using rating the stars, I have a link to a short animation that shows how that should work.
How to rate an answer --> http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer