Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have a KX-T7431 digital super-hybrid system. All calls go…

Hi. We have a...

Hi. We have a KX-T7431 digital super-hybrid system. All calls go straight to the auto-attendant with no opportunity for a live person to answer. This occurs although we are in Day Mode and the number of rings is set to 4 at the operator's phone (x101). What are we doing wrong? We want it to ring 4 times (regardless of day/night) and then roll to the auto-attendant only if no one picked up the call. Thank you!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Super? What have you tried so far?

We only noticed it yesterday, but it could have been going on for months or years unnoticed (because many people hit 0 as soon as the auto-attendant answers). I downloaded and followed instructions to ensure we were in Day Mode and that any mode switch is Manual. I also checked the setting for the number of rings and it says 4 rings. Everything I've tried, I've tried from the operator's handset, x101.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Game Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all.

Answered in 1 hour by:
4/12/2018
rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service

Is x101 set to Call Forward to the Voice Processing System and therefore Auto Attendant?

To cancel this: Press the FWD/DND button and Dial 0, await confirmation tone and hang up.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service
Thanks but these steps did not solve the problem.