Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic telephone 6.0 Plus, Model # KXTG4771. It…

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic telephone 6.0 Plus, Model # KXTG4771. It affects all 4 other phone lines in our home. Presently it is impossible to get an open line; there's a constant busy signal all the time & I can''t tell from the several buttons how to get it to operate normally. Please help....! I have a cell phone: (###) ###-####that I would like to use to try to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance for your help!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 6? What have you tried so far?

It appears to have begun last night. I've tried hitting all the buttons at one time or another, but I've lost the owner's manual and can't interpret all the buttons.

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic system do you have?

All I know is what's on the front of the phone: 6.0 Plus

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?

Just random messing with the buttons on the front of the phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No--that's it.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/10/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Are the "4 other phones" mentioned PART of the Panasonic system (such as cordless handsets) - OR - are they SEPARATE phones?
2) If you use the Cell phone to place a TEST CALL to the Panasonic number, what EXACTLY is heard IN THE CALLING Phone?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: ***
ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Greg:
1. 3 of the other 4 phones are panasonic handheld phones; the 4th handhold is from an old system. We've had all of them for several years without any previous problems.
2. There is no ring for the phone; it goes immediately to our request to leave a message.
3. Our phone service is through a local company in this region: Midco.
What am I being charged your services? I paid the initial $5. but it was unclear whether there were additional costs.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - the FIRST TEST we need to do is DISCONNECT ALL PHONES or DEVICES from ALL PHONE JACKS around your location (home?).

Then WAIT about FIVE MINUTES - and with ALL devices still disconnected, place another TEST CALL - from the cell phone to the landline number - to see if you hear ANY RINGING at all - before going to the message system.

And note: Any fees paid here are for this troubleshooting and assistance.

We experts can NOT see any amounts deposited.

Let me know if you can do this FIRST TEST - and the RESULTS - if you can.

Thanks

No difference. Busy signal resumed. "Line in use" message in upper left-hand corner.

OK - can you disconnect the Panasonic phone cord, WAIT a few seconds (about 15 or so), and then let me know if the message "Check tel line" appears on ANY handset?

Also, does the phone company have ANY equipment - such as a small box - that ANY phone cord connects to?

NOTE: The small box is sometimes referred to as a "telephone modem" or eMTA.

Please let me know what you see.

Thanks

No message other than "Line in Use" accompanying busy signal. No equipment that I can tell.

Is that "Line in use" message there WHILE the phone cord is DISCONNECTED from the Panasonic BASE?

No. It's present only when phone is plugged in.

Also, my notes about Midco tell me that there SHOULD be a "telephone modem" SOMEWHERE at your location. Perhaps it is in a wiring closet OR mounted outside.

Can you look around and see if you can find that box?

It's possible that one of the three boxes outside is for the phone, but that's not clear. I'll call Midco and see if they have any information.

Very good. If you have any trouble locating that box, the notes from Midco support say:

"please call us from a different phone (a WORKING phone - such as the cell phone) at 1.***-***-**** for additional assistance".

They SHOULD KNOW EXACTLY what equipment is in use at your location and MAY be able to clear this up from their remote offices. BUT there may be the need for a "visit" from one of their support folks, so be ready for that possibility.

Please let me know what is found - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

As I guess I should have in the first place, I called Midco and they resolved the problem--apparently there was a problem in the neighborhood somewhere. Thanks for your assistance.

Hi again,

Its good to hear that the system is working again (assuming it is corrected).

If my input helped in ANY way (in finding the SOURCE of the issue), please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer