Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My phone center registers "OUT OF RANGE" so no phone...

Customer Question
My phone center registers...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Motorola Dect 6.0 P1003

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Motorola phone? What have you tried so far?

A couple of days now, unplugged phone line into home and replugged.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just want my phone on

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Does this happen on all the handsets?

three

Thanks,

This indicates a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality, and let me know the results, please.

Still an Out of Range reading

Thank you for checking,

If the problem persists after this, it tends to confirm a hardware failure which would require repairs to correct. Unfortunately once the 1 year warranty is up, repairs are not practical, and the base alone cannot be replaced. This is a 2012 model, so is likely well past its service life at this point anyway.

The most economical option in this case is to replace the entire system. Here is a system I'd recommend: https://amzn.to/2Eh3kyI

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.