Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

It is on mute and I cannot receive any calls. I need to

Customer Question
It is on mute...

It is on mute and I cannot receive any calls. I need to unmute it. Tried to do it but cannot get it to unmute. Please, help me. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

AT&T DECT 6.0 cordless telephone/ answering system with BLUETOOTH wireless technology

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?

It has been going for two weeks. I tried pressing the mute/delete bottom as the manual says but nothing is happening. I am missing doctor appointments because I forget and they usually remind me about them.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it right now.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Phone Systems
4/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 23 days ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model sent [DECT 6.0] applies to many different systems).
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the cordless system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Model: TL96456
2. 4
3.Comcast
4.no
All hand sets have the same problem.
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 21 days ago

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - since you have a "digital" phone service provider (Comcast), I will assume that you also have a "MAIN BOX" (sometimes called a modem) that provides ALL of the services from that provider (phone, internet, TV, etc.).

When I have heard these symptoms reported (one or both sides of the conversation can NOT be heard), perhaps 95% of the time, a reset of that MAIN BOX will clear up this issue.

If you do have such a box and can locate it, I believe it is time to RESET that box - so it will reload and reboot ALL of your services (internet, phone, etc.).

To do that reset, simply find the POWER PLUG in the back of that box and disconnect it. And leave it disconnected for AT LEAST TWO MINUTES, and check that all the lights are out on the front of the box.
NOTE: If ALL the lights do NOT go out, there MAY be a "backup battery" which will also have to be disconnected for the 2-minute time.
Then, after the TWO MINUTES, reconnect the power plug (and battery if present), and watch the lights on the front of the box for a minute or so, as the device restarts. When the lights "stabilize", then you should be able to make a NEW TEST CALL, and see if the results have changed (can both sides of the conversation be heard).
You should also be able to TEST that you can successfully make OUTGOING call and receive INCOMING calls - with both sides being able to communicate.

NOTE: If these reset does NOT change the symptoms, it would be time to contact the service provider - to report this issue and have it looked into (it could be an "equipment" or "network" issue with the provider). I have their contact information below - if needed.

Comcast Main Support Number(s)
1-800-COMCAST
(1(###) ###-####

1-800-XFINITY
(1.***-***-****)

Please give that RESET process and try and let me know the results OR if you have any more questions about this issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 17 days ago

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer