Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My AT&T phone at work say I am not set up to receive

Customer Question
My AT&T phone at...

My AT&T phone at work say I am not set up to receive messages. The line 1 and line 2 keeps blinking. I can still receive calls but people can not leave a message.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

I do not see a model # on it.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?

When I cam in on Friday I noticed it was blinking. I see a number on the back Model-TL86103, does this help?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how i can set it up to received messages. Thank you!

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Phone Systems
4/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 20 days ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone or message system.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - that can be used to place a TEST CALL to each of the line? The idea is to act as an outside caller and TEST for yourself EXACTLY what is heard when calling each of the lines.

NOTE: This should include:

a) Any number of rings before any "announcement" is heard (count them).

b) The EXACT "announcement" that is made (write down the exact text of the announcement).

c) IF any "beep/tone" is heard - to start recording a TEST message.

d) IF a TEST message can be left (or not).

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for these phone lines?
4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the AT&T system) attached to these same phone lines and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: **
* ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

(im)

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
We rebooted the phone and the voice message seems to be working now. It may have been caused by a storm that went through the night before. Everything seems to be working at this time. Thank you.
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 19 days ago

Hi again,

Its good to know that the system is working again.

If my input helped in ANY way (sometimes asking the right question leads to a solution), please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 14 days ago

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer