Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

THE MUTE IS ON AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHUT IT OFF.

Customer Question
THE MUTE IS ON...

THE MUTE IS ON AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SHUT IT OFF

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic KX-TGEA20

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGEA20? What have you tried so far?

GOING THROUGH THE MENU

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Phone Systems
4/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 19 days ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are having a specific problem with the other person not being able to hear you, or you not hearing them?

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
The phone is not really muted you can talk on it but there is no ringer when a call comes in and when you answer the phone because you see the light blinking the mute indicator comes up on the screen
Thank you for confirming. There is nothing wrong with your phone. It is operating as it should and the mute is not actually on. It shows there only when on a call because it is an option which you may engage during a call by pressing the button below the word mute. If you don’t care to use it simply ignore it. The feature is always there in case you want it and cannot be removed.
If it isn’t ringing that has nothing to do with the mute. That is a ringer setting. On the handset key in Menu #1606 save off.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
The phone always rang when the mute indicator did not show up. Somehow the mute has gotten turned on by accident and I am unable to turn it off. It is not a normal condition for the phone not to ring when it is in the mute mode. Thanks
The mute indicator will always show while on a call. It has nothing to do with the ringer in any way. Please change the setting I mentioned above
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
What you told me to do is not accepted by my phone. The menu has no way to accept the number 1606
You may be missing a step.
Do not press talk this is done in off or standby modePress menu
Ignore anything you see on screen and straightaway type #1606
Then press save
Then off
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
There is no way to save it after I follow your directions.
After you type it in you should see the word save on the screen. Press the button right below that word
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
There is no save mode after entering your code 1606 on the menu screen.
Then you are missing a step somewhere or it would appear. Try just doing menu #160
Then up/down to get to 6 (choice of 0-6) then save then off
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
After I enter 160 and keep pressing the menu button it will show a previous dialed number and the next menu press saves that phone number not the code number.
You shouldn’t be pressing menu again at all. Menu#160 then only the up or down to highlight the option 6. Then save
Then off
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
There is no way to make a numbered selection there is only modes to choose from.
You’re missing something in the menu command then.How about this
Call home from your cell
When they ring press the up button on the handset repeatedly to increase the volume, while ringing.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I do that already and the ringer still. didn’t work. Maybe there is something wrong with the ringer.
Does it happen on all the handsets or just one?
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Just this one and it’s only been maybe a month and a half
But the others do work? If so you might have a bad ringer speaker. Pull the battery out of that handset for 10 min to reset it then try these settings again. If no change the the handset is faulty and would have to be replaced.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I will try get back to you tomorrow I have two early appointments elp & I am going to bed now as I have to be up at 5:30.
Thanks for your

No problem, take your time.

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 14 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer reply replied 12 days ago
It finally got fixed but I don't know how I did it.
Thanks
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 12 days ago

Great, glad it is working again for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen to conclude our session. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician