Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I get check tel line error and have checked aline for

I get check tel...

I get check tel line error and have checked aline for correct hook up what could be the problem?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Kxtgd560

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

It worked for 1 week and quit working I have changed cords on base unit and checked if connected tight

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Guess not

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: ***
ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

4 total all have same issue bellsouth AT&T internet with no problem

Hi again,

Which is the service provider (Bell South or AT&T)?

And is there ANY provider equipment - such as a main box - that provides both the phone service and internet service?

the box provides wi fi to the house bell south is phone provider

OK - can you tell me more about this box?

For example, are there any indicator lights on the front? If so, are there any labels for each indicator?

Also, is there a phone cord or network cord connected in the back of that box?

Thanks

there are lights on the front... power, battery, Ethernet, wireless, home PNA (No light) broadband 1, broadband 2 service 1, phone 1 light is on and phone 2 no light.

OK - that sounds like the correct box for ALL the services.

If you can, I would like you to try to "reset" that box - in an attempt to "reboot" that box and restart ALL of the services that go through it.

Below is the procedure I usually use to do this RESET.

To do that reset, simply find the POWER PLUG in the back of that box and disconnect it. And leave it disconnected for AT LEAST TWO MINUTES, and check that all the lights are out on the front of the box.
NOTE: If ALL the lights are NOT out, there may be a "backup battery" that needs to be disconnected/removed. That battery could be INTERNAL to the box.
Then, after the TWO MINUTES, reconnect the power plug (and battery if removed), and watch the lights on the front of the box for a minute or so, as the device restarts.

When the lights "stabilize", then you should be able to CHECK the display on the handsets (see if Check tel line is gone) and check for a dial tone and then make a TEST CALL , and see if the results have changed.

Please give that a try and let me know the results.

Thanks, ***** *****

ok

Let me know your RESULTS - when you can.

it rings on my phone, but not in the house.

OK - did the "Check tel line" go away - on the Panasonic handsets?

And could a dial tone be heard when picking up the line?

no

So the Check tel line is still there?

OK - please tell me EXACTLY where the phone cord from the Panasonic base is connected.

Is it connected to one of the PHONE JACKS - at the back of that "box"?

phone jack in the kitchen

OK - is there a different phone cord - connected to the back of that box?

And can you MOVE the MAIN BASE of the Panasonic to that box, and connect the phone cord DIRECTLY to the back of that box - to the jack that should be labeled for "Phone 1"?

give me just a minute

Take your time ...

that worked

OK - please double check for a dial tone ON THE PANASONIC - and that it can make OUTGOING CALLS.

Thanks

If that worked to get the phone system working again, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer