Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

How do I access my voicemail, or leave a message?

Customer Question
How do I access my...
How do I access my voicemail, or leave a message ?
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Phone Systems
4/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 23 days ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone/message system.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with?
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) How long has this phone system and service been in use?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
KX-TGF352
Verizon
I am not sure but it is not new

OK - let me check on those component before my next question.

Back soon.

OK - I see that the KX-TGF352 system has a built-in "Answering system", AND most service provider's offer a "Voicemail system" - as a feature of their service.

So which one of these TWO DIFFERENT message systems are in use OR you would like to use?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Whichever is easier to initialize
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Why was this $15 a little while ago, and now it's $26?

Hi again,

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have NO access to ANY of your private information or account - including any charges.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department using the "Help" link that is on almost every page of the site.

As for Answering system OR Voicemail system, the choice in which one to use is dependent on IF you have Voicemail service available and if you have ever used such a system before - or even an Answering machine.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I got the phone in July 2017

Please carefully reread my last post, and let me know if you have EVER used EITHER message systems successfully before - in the past.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I never activated either system
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
But I have used voicemail in the past
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
This seems to be a problem for you. I am paying what I think is a lot of money for this. Should I just call Verizon?

If you have successfully USED voicemail in the past, what service provider was that through?

NOTE: and please confirm that you understand that an Answering system and Voicemail system are two SEPARATE and DIFFERENT systems.

And no - it is not a problem for me.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I think I had voicemail when I had voicemail through my cable company - Cablevision now called Optimum
When I got this phone, Customer Service said it was easier to do with the "Satellite" phone and to call back when the phones were charged .
When the phones were charged, they were closed for the night.
I never called back
I tried to do it myself but I apparently messed something up
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I tried accessing the manual, but the website wasn't cooperating. Getting here was hard enough,,,

OK - may I ask WHEN the previous provider was used AND if their voicemail system was EVER used successfully?

I only ask because it sounds like it may never have been used - since you "never called back".

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No, I only see Voicemail Received, and someone told me the other day that my "Mailbox was full"
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Do I really have to pay $26 to talk to someone. I've only had the phone nine months

OK - if someone told that the "Mailbox was full", then that mean that there IS A VOICEMAIL SYSTEM ACTIVE for you phone service.

So it sounds like you have NOT been able to access the provider's voicemail system - to be able to listen to and DELETE messages - is that correct?

If so, may I ask HOW LONG you have had this service provider (Verizon)?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Verizon? A few years

And as I mentioned in my FIRST note:

ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
far, this is a terrible way to things done
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
get things

OK - please do a TEST for me.

That TEST is to pick up ANY cordless handset, press the SPEAKER button, and QUICKLY listen for the dial tone.

Let me know if you hear ANYTHING before the clear dial tone.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
there is a pulsing dial tone like you get from VM

I understand ... clear communication during troubleshooting CAN be difficult - and time consuming.

OK - MOST Verizon home phone Voicemail systems are ACCESSED by picking up a phone and waiting for the CLEAR dial tone - as you have done - and then dialing * 8 6 (star-eight-six).

Please give that a try and let me know EXACTLY what is heard.

NOTE: If this is the FIRST time the system has been accessed from home, there should be a "guided process" to "set up" the system for further access.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
34;All outstanding requests have been cancelled"

I'm sorry - I don't know what that means.

Are you saying that is exactly what you are hearing - when dialing * 8 6?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I have been told that "Verizon answers" after two rings

OK - do you have access to an outside phone - so that you can CALL the Verizon number - and HEAR FOR YOURSELF what someone has told you is heard?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
34;This mailbox is full"
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
There is something before that, but I can't make it out

OK - may I ask if you have Verizon FIOS - with other services bundled in (such as TV or internet)?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I have high speed DSL - no FIOS no TV

OK - can you tell me again what is heard - when waiting for the clear dial tone and then dialing *86 - from a home phone?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
It says - All outstanding requests have been cancelled

OK - that sounds like the voicemail ACCESS is definitely "messed up" - when trying from the home line.

Sorry for the slang....

OK - now if you would TRY calling your own number - from the cell - and press the # (pound) key IMMEDIATELY when the voicemail system picks up.

Let me know what is heard when you do that.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
My cell says "enter number"
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
On the screen

OK - what is HEARD when pressing the # key?

Do you hear that mailbox full still?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
it says, "Sorry, this mailbox is full"

OK - it sounds like your cell phone is NOT sending the # key TONE - to bypass the "greeting" and access the system.

This MAY be another "symptom" that the Voicemail system is "messed up" (there's that technical term again).

And since you are not getting into the system via the home phone either, that CONFIRMS that this is a SERVICE issue.

So what I would recommend at this time is to contact the customer support folks at Verizon - who should be available 24/7/365 - so they can look into this issue. Below is the contact number I have for them.

Verizon Customer Support: 1-***-***-****

Please let me know what if found - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
How do I get back to you?

Just save a link (bookmark) to this page, and post what is found at that time.

NOTE: I only have a few minutes left online tonight, but should be back again tomorrow (about 10 hours from now).

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
OK Thanks
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Have a nice Easter

You're quite welcome and Have a nice Easter yourself.

I will look for your results early tomorrow, or perhaps later in the day (after church).

Take Good Care, Greg A.

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 22 days ago

Hi again,

I just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to contact the service provider concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer