Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Cannot dial the phone...only get an annoying clicking sound.

Customer Question
Cannot dial the phone...only...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Full duplex spesker phone...dect 6.0 cordless

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

From setup...tried nothing

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 26 days ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No multiple handset...yes other phones that work perfectly...landline...no dsl...model. cs5119
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Just fix rhe phone
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Are you there...
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Havw tou gone to lunch or are you working the problem?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

This would indicate a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines. It could also easily be just normal age related wear and tear. These vtech phones are at the bottom end of the quality spectrum and it is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality, and let me know the results, please.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Got somerhing better...didnt work

Thank you for trying,

that does mean there is an internal hardware defect here. If the system is less than a year old, you could try filing a warranty claim with vtech. Beyond that, they are not repairable and you'd need to simply replace the entire system. I can recommend some better quality replacement models for you if you'd like to go that route.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Going back to Frys for a refund. Now tell me how to get my 5 dollar fee back

If the phone is less than a month old, then yes you should be able to return it to the retailer.

This is not free help, and was not $5. You paid the full fee which you agreed to on the payment page, in exchange for the troubleshooting and diagnosis I provided above.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Never asked cor....never got a call from you qhich wss guaranteed on full payment. Next stop is my credit card people. Wanna djspute? Fire up your legal staff. Your help is a zero star scam.

Nothing was mentioned about a call, you did not pay for one.

All of the fees for this support were clearly displayed, and you had to specifically click to agree to, on the payment page.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
As stated on the website SATISFACTION GUARANTEED...guess what no satisfaction!!
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Nwver clicked for expanded payment. Now argue it with the credit card company

I'm sorry, I can't change the facts of a hardware failure. I gave you all the possible information to troubleshoot and diagnose the problem. This is a defect in the phone itself, which is completely normal and expected for a vtech product.

We're all independent techs here working on our own personal time in a good faith effort to help. Had you called a tech out, you'd be paying $100+ for the exact same answer and still left buying a new phone in the end. You paid the agreed upon fees to the site for that help. If you feel it is fair and reasonable to utilize my time and services for free, that is up to your conscience to not honor the terms you agreed to. You may self manage any such matters from the help page.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I paid $5 ...was asked about expanded fee...did not click on expanded fee. You decieved me on the satisfaction matter. Save that answer. You should have cancelled contact after original fee for my lack if satisfaction. Pecjliiar is the fact I have another VTech that lasted years. Now Ive sasted enough time. Goodbye.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I refer tou to earlier responses.
It's your promise of SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. You did not fulfill.
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer