Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I do not get messages when I am on the phone. DECT 6.0

Customer Question
I do not get...

I do not get messages when I am on the phone.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

DECT 6.0 cordless phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

The phone is brand new to me. I get messages when I am on the line but bot

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

If I am using the line. I can see that people are calling, they say they have left a message but there is none.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/29/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.
2) Did you have a previous phone connected that allowed messages to be recorded and retrieved BEFORE installing this new phone?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

What is this? Some kind of scam? I intend to report this matter. I called vtech (the manufacturer of my phone)
to ask a question. They referred me of a one time FULLY REFUNDABLE $5.00 charge.. Now you intend to bill my credit card? . Please delete all information you have acquired from me and reverse this charge.
I do not wish to talk to anyone on the phone or by email. Delete all my information.

Just in case you were not aware, you have asked your question on JustAnswer.com - a paid support service. It is NOT free help.
Typically there is a $5 deposit - to POST your question - plus an agreed upon amount, with the total balance paid upon receiving an answer.

Also:

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have NO access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department using the "Help" link that is on almost every page of the site.

Please let me know if you have any more questions - about your phone system - now or in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.