Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I received a Panasonic KX-TGE463-S Cordless Telephone with…

Customer Question
I received a Panasonic...

I received a Panasonic KX-TGE463-S Cordless Telephone with Bluetooth and Digital Answering Machine from my children for Christmas. I am having an issue with one of the handsets with the small charger. The phone won't hold a charge. I have bought and replaced the batteries, but that didn't help. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: Did this handset come with your KX-TGE463-S system, or was it bought separately?

It came with the system. The system had one handset with answering machine, and 2 additional handsets with chargers.

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets show the same message?

No, just one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it. The one handset is inoperable.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) What is the state of charge for this particular handset right now? That is, If you look at the display, is there ANYTHING appearing on the display at all, such as a "battery icon" with ANY bars inside that icon?
NOTE: You may want to COMPARE this handset with another working handset.
2) Have any OTHER STEPS been tried - besides replacing the batteries in the single handset?
3) Can you try a TEST for me? That TEST is to SWAP the non-working handset to a DIFFERENT charger - and leave it there for AT LEAST 30 minutes.

Then after that time, pick up that handset, take a look at the display and let me know if ANYTHING appears on the display.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: ***
ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)