Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I am having trouble with my Panasonic wireless landline

Customer Question
Second opinion] i am...

Second opinion] i am having trouble with my Panasonic wireless landline phone KX-TGA652. I began using the FIOS/Frontier bundle with interent, TV and voice. When I had all 3 installed on December 12, 2017, I told them that I did not want to use the voice mail, but wanted to continue using my answering machine. The phone worked with my answering machine until one day at the end of Feb., 2018. When I picked up the phone the next time to make a call, the screen showed that I had voicemail followed by 5-6 beeps. I called Frontier about the problem and they finally after two weeks said they had cancelled out the voivemail and said my answering machine would now work. I told them that I still had the "you have a new voicemail" on the screen of the phone along with the 5-6 beeps. Since that time they have said it would be fixed in 24-48 hours. It wasn't The only thing that happened was that I received an email on March 7 and on the 13 telling me how to set up the voicemail. I never did get a voicemail number since I wanted to use the answering machine. Yesterday when I called again about the issue the gal from customer support rudely said to me that it wasn't their problem. My voicemail was cancelled and I knew the answering machine was working. It was the telephone I was using that wasn't working correctly and then hung up. I read the manuel today and was able to get rid of the voicemail screen on the handset, but I still have the 5-6 beeps when I press call. Please, how can I get this fixed?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I don't have outlook since this is my home computer. I use google. When the service was installed the installer typed in the network name and password ***** my computer from the router and did the same with my tablet and gave me a copy of both. My desktop computer stays connected and works most of the time --I sometimes have to reboot. My tablet worked for awhile but then it began saying it was disconnected from the internet and wi-fi. It would usually work after i would put the network number and password ***** again but it will not connect anymore with those numbers/passsword. Sorry this answer took so long. I had to answer the phone.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I do have AVG GoTotal Care Bundele + Internet Security.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I stilll do want to know how to remove the 5-6 beeps from my handset when I am making a call. I did press the # sound on the receiver until it cleared and showed the regular screen again, but it then goes back to the previous voivemail message with the beeps.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 25 days ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Panasonic wireless landline phone KX-TGA652..."

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
NO.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated follow-ups, ads and offers.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Panasonic main/base unit.

And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago

Please give me your opinion of my problem, which will be my second opinion from your customer service representative. This is only if I do not have to pay anything for your answer. Otherwise, please cancel my subscription and credit my Visa charge. Thank you. ******* ******

The "Second opinion" service is a form of paid Q & A service. It is not free.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.
Billings & payments concerns including (trial[/I[) membership/subscription questions are best addressed by Customer Support.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I sent a lot of information to Nathan, the first representative. I have been dealing with this phone issue for over 1 month and I have been working with your company since this afternoon. I just cannot write out all the information again. Please look at the information I sent before. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago

I do not want to pay for a second opinion. Please close my account and credit the amount I paid (the deposit or the full amount) to my visa credit card. Thank you. ******* ******

Done; "...close my account and credit the amount I paid..." would be relayed to Customer Service through channels.
Please do not post a reply so as not to re-open the question thread.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer