Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Our panasonic phone model #KX-TGA470 has stopped ringing. We…

Our panasonic phone model...

Our panasonic phone model #KX-TGA470 has stopped ringing. We cannot find the manual so do not know how to reset "Ringer"

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your #KX-TGA470? What have you tried so far?

This has been going on for several days,but we cannot figure out how to get it started. On the visual section we have a bell with a line through it followed by an "L"

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/27/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model sent (KX-TGA470) is for a single cordless handset).
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I just have one phone that will not ring. We have three cordless handsets, but only one has this issue that will not ring

Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I also ask:

Thanks

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Model number of base unit is KX-TG-7731

Hi again and thanks for that model.

If you want to adjust the ringer volume of EACH handset, I have the steps to do that below.
While the system is not in use (not on a call)
1) Pick up the handset you want to program
2) Press MENU then # 1 6 0 (pound-one-six-zero). This brings up the Ringer volume section of programming).
3) Press the UP (or DOWN) arrow on the handset, to adjust the ringer volume level.
4) Press the SAVE soft key (to save the setting).
5) Press the OFF button (to exit programming).

NOTE: This should be done on EACH handset that you want to adjust the ringer volume for.

I also have a link to a video that shows how this PROCESS works.

Just click the link below and watch the video (make sure you have the sound turned up on your computer/device).

Click Here to watch video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0oYPkVGp2M

NOTE: The handset shown in the video may not match your handset exactly, but the steps should be the same.

Please let me know if that works for you OR if you have different results, or if you have any more questions.
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" and a "SUBMIT" button to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen or scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Phone call session started

Thanks for the call John.

I'm glad you got it all worked out and found the manual for the system.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this phone system in the future.

Take Good Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer