Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I JUST BOUGHT LINK2CELL CORDLESS TELEPHONE WITH DIGITAL ANS.

Customer Question
I JUST BOUGHT LINK2CELL...

I JUST BOUGHT LINK2CELL CORDLESS TELEPHONE WITH DIGITAL ANS

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

I JUST GOT YOUR DIGITAL ANS MACH. KX-TGD560. WHEN BEING CALLED ALL THE CALLER GETS IS A SCREECHING SOUND. I UNPLUGGED THE UNIT,WAITED, REPLUGGED AND THE SAME THING HAPPED AGAIN, WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST? MY #(###) ###-#### GIVE IT I TRY! I'LL ANS THE 2nd TIME YOU CALL BACK.....TNX.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

I JUST BOUGHT THE PHONE TODAY...LIKE I SAID, I UNPLUGGED THE UNIT, WAITED AND REPLUGGED IT IN. THE SAME THING HAPPENED. ?????

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

PLEASE RESPOND

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Was this system purchased to REPLACE an EXISTING and WORKING phone? If so, is the previously working phone still available - for TESTING purposes?
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Please TRY to respond ONLY at this question - so we can keep this information on ONE PAGE.

Click the link below - if needed.

https://www.justanswer.com/phone-systems/b4d39-just-bought-link2cell-cordless-telephone-digital-ans.html

Thanks

(im)

MODEL=PANASONIC KX-TG3760. THE PROBLEM WAS A BOOTLEGGED FAX MACH ON MY CABLE PAIR. HOW DO I TURN ON THE VOLUME FOR HEARING INCOMING CALLS SO I CAN SCREEN THEM B/4 ANSWERING?

Hi again and thanks for letting me know the first issue was resolved.

As for screening, I have the steps for turning ON or OFF the Call Screening feature of this system, and for adjusting the volume. The ENHANCED instructions can be seen by clicking the LONG LINK below this note.

NOTE: In the instructions it mentions that this screen occurs "While a caller is leaving a message". So you may NOT hear the "Greeting" being played to the caller, but only the caller AS they start to speak.

I have also included the instructions as TEXT (below).

=======================

Call Screening steps - as TEXT.
NOTES:
This feature is for use with the LANDLINE Answering system.
This feature is normally turned "On" by default, for each unit (handset).
To adjust the speaker volume, press the UP or DOWN arrows - WHILE the screening is taking place.
Pick up the call by pressing the TALK button on the handset.

==============

While the system is NOT in use (not on a call), pick up handset and do the following:
1) Press MENU, followed by # 3 1 0 (pound-three-one-zero).
2a) Use the UP/DOWN arrows to select the desired setting (ON or OFF).
2b) Press the SAVE soft key (button below display). This saves the setting and there MAY be a "confirmation tone" heard.
2c) Press the OFF button - to exit programming.

That should do it. Once this setting has been made, a TEST CALL to the system - where the answering system is allowed to answer and a short TEST MESSAGE is left - should be performed to CONFIRM the setting was successful.

Please let me know the results OR if you have any more questions about this issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)